Premise Liability Cases
In Florida, property owners are responsible for keeping their premises safe and secure. This means that they are obligated to fix or remove any hazards in a reasonably prudent manner, and, at the very least, to warn visitors about potential dangers on the property. If they fail to uphold this duty, they can be held accountable through a premises liability lawsuit.
All Types of Premise Liability Claims
The Russo Law Firm handles everything from catastrophic injuries to minor premise liability injuries including but not limited to:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Negligent or inadequate security
- Amusement park accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Preventable fires and explosions
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
Property Owners Duty to Guests
Under Florida Law, property owners owe different levels of care to the different types of guests (invitees) on their premises:
• Invitees. An invitee would be someone who has entered the property with the expressed permission of the property owner. One example would be a customer in a restaurant. Under Florida Law, invited guests are owed the highest level of care.
• Licensees. A licensee would be someone who enters the property with permission from the property owner, but not for commercial purposes. This may include friends, family members, or social guests. Licensees are owed a high level of care.
• Trespassers. A trespasser would be someone who enters the property without permission from the property owner. Since they were not invited onto the premises, trespassers are owed a low level of care from the property owner. Under certain circumstances, a property owner may not owe any level of care to a trespasser.
Take Action Immediately After your Premise Liability Injury
• Report the accident immediately and fill out an incident report
• Get the names of all witnesses, employees and managers who were working
• Take pictures of the scene, including the hazard that caused the accident
• Seek medical attention immediately and document your injuries
Contact Our Experienced Premise Liability Lawyers For A Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one has been injured, call The Russo Firm at 844-847-8300 or contact us online to talk with an experienced lawyer about your injuries. If you can’t travel to our office, we will come to you, or we can work by phone, fax, email or other methods of communication. Remember, you pay no fee unless we obtain compensation for you.
Corporate Office – Delray Beach
301 W. Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach 33444
301 W Bay St, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Key West Office
405 Petronia St. #2, Key West, FL 33040
610 SW 34th St. #301, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33315
Ft. Lauderdale Office
12 SE 7th St #606 Fort Lauderdale FL 33301
134 5th Ave, Indialantic, FL 32903
New York Office
3119 Newtown Ave #7 Astoria, NY 11102