Admitted in FL & TX
Marcus focuses his practice primarily on defective medical devices and drugs, along with sexual abuse cases and catastrophic injury accidents. He has tried a substantial number of cases to verdict as lead counsel which has allowed him to receive his Board Certification in Civil Trial from the Florida Bar- a privilege awarded to less than 2% of Florida attorneys.
Prior to the age of 37, Marcus was appointed Lead Counsel of a consolidated litigation in PA Federal Court involving thousands of injured women by the birth control device known as Essure. This national litigation subsequently settled for approximately $1.6 Billion dollars. Marcus has also tried a substantial number of cases involving individually injured parties. For example, prior to the age of 30, Marcus tried an auto accident case in federal court resulting in a $2.45 Million-dollar jury verdict. Whether you have been injured in an accident or you are one of many injured by a defective device or drug, Marcus has the experience to take on any defendant and the results to back it up.
Marcus and his cases have been featured in several national publications including Forbes, Reuters, and Yahoo! Finance and he frequently participates in speaking engagements on mass tort cases.
Mr. Susen graduated in the top 4% of his class, magna cum laude, from Nova Southeastern University School of Law. Prior to that, he graduated from Boston University. In his spare time, he trains in boxing, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and enjoys meditation, running, and scuba diving.
Bar Admissions and Jurisdictions:
- Member in Good Standing, Florida State Bar
- Member in Good Standing, Texas State Bar
- All Florida State Courts
- All Texas State Courts
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit (Covering Puerto Rico, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island)
- J.D. – Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law, magna cum laude
- B.A. – Boston University (International Relations)
- Top 4% of Class at Nova Southeastern University
- Dean’s List at Nova Southeastern University
- Spoke at Essure Discontinued: Where Do We Go from Here? Mass Torts Made Perfect, 2018, Las Vegas
- Spoke at Harris Martin’s MDL Conference: Navigating “Game-Changing” Dynamics, 2018, New York
- Spoke at Harris Martin’s MDL Conference: Zantac: Identifying Cases and Injuries, 2020, Nashville
- Spoke at National Trial Lawyers Summit: Growing Your Law Firm, 2021, Miami